This year, Dorkly.com (as defined below) is hosting the first-ever Dorkly Fan Art Expo at C2E2—an exhibition of the best Fan Art from the most talented emerging artists around the world. Submit a piece of your own fan art (the “Submission”) for the chance to have your work promoted by Dorkly.com, displayed and admired by C2E2 Fans throughout the weekend, and judged by some of the biggest names in art and comics.
Instructions for submission into The Dorkly Fan Art Expo:
- Fill out the following Dorkly Fan Art Expo Submission Form. Registration will close on Monday, April 7 at 9:00 AM EDT.
Please Note: Limit of one submission per person; we cannot accept applications from Professionals, Art Studios or publishers.
- We will contact all applicants by Tuesday, April 8 with the status of their submission.
All Artists that are accepted will be offered a spot in The Dorkly Fan Art Expo. By agreeing to the below and submitting your art, entrants agree that their work can be on display at The Dorkly Fan Art Expo with the opportunity to have their work judged by a panel of art and comic experts. Entrants also agree that their work is eligible to be used in an additional profile featured on the Dorkly website (or that of any other IAC owned company). Any use of the entrant’s art will be accompanied by a credit to the artist. Entrant’s artwork will not be altered. Entrant grants Dorkly permission to use the submission, or any part thereof, to advertise, promote or market the Dorkly Fan Art Expo and/or C2E2.
Before you apply to be a part of The Dorkly Fan Art Expo, please be aware of the following rules and restrictions:
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights.
- The Submission must not in any way disparage Dorkly, or any other person or party.
- All pieces of art must be original, unique and not be done by a professional.
- All pieces of art must be prints, pictures or paintings. We will not be accepting statues, sculptures, activations, etc.
- All art must be age and family appropriate for our event. We will not accept any art that has nudity, vulgarity, gruesome/gore or any mature content not deemed appropriate for the show.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- All pieces will be printed on 24”x36” paper, so please format your work accordingly. Please note there are very strict guidelines that must be adhered to during the submission process. If your file is not submitted in the proper format, we unfortunately cannot consider your artwork for the Expo.
- Vector files are best. If creating a vector file isn't possible, 150dpi or larger raster images (at actual size) are good too. Other file formats like Photoshop, PDF or TIFF work as well.
- Images can be horizontally oriented, just upload a print file in that orientation
- Color must be in CMYK
- All fonts in the print files should be converted to outlines so you don't have to send over the font files.
- All graphics must be sized to actual print size
Please Refer To This File
For Additional Printing Guidelines
- C2E2 and Dorkly have the right to remove a piece of art that does not adhere to the aforementioned rules and for any other reason deemed appropriate at any given time.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission is entrant’s own creation; and (c) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Connected Ventures, LLC (“Dorkly”) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes.
Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may be similar in idea or concept to what is included in entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and agrees that he/she shall not have any claim against any other entrant or Sponsor arising out any such similarity or be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarity.
If you understand and are amenable to all the above, you’re all set to apply!
Now all we need is some information: