Working for C2E2 isn't all hanging out with comics creators and going to movie premieres. Nope, like any job, there's a lot of boring, tedious stuff. From processing check requests and balancing spreadsheets to the figurative heavy lifting of staying awake during corporate meetings to the literal heavy lifting of a few hundred boxes for show shipments, there's plenty of banal stuff to go around. Also, like any job, there's a commute, and for me, one hell of a commute. I spend about four hours a day on a train. That's 20 hours a week. That's almost a full day each week. It's called "extreme commuting". It's not as cool as it sounds.
I try to be productive when I commute. I work. I write. I sleep. Mostly, though, I tweet. And, as it's Friday, and you've got nothing better to do, I present 20 of my favorite #ontrain tweets from the past year while I go about and pack up some boxes.
- #ontrain Man screaming on phone about bread pudding.
- #ontrain Smells like onion rings and eggrolls. Perhaps the best train ride ever.
- #ontrain Foot asleep. Can't get up.
- #ontrain Hipster Liam Neeson.
- #ontrain Girl with a Clockwork Orange purse reading Spider-Man.
- #ontrain Boy asks his mom what she likes better: Pokemon or Star Wars
- #ontrain Is that a Pocket Pikachu?
- #ontrain Man just downed a whole thing of Tic Tacs.
- #ontrain Here's a tip, bro: Don't spit on a crowded train. Or even better, don't spit on the train.
- #ontrain There's a 14-year-old girl with my phone.
- #ontrain On the subway with the Australian Girls Choir.
- #ontrain Drunk Russian man eating cookies.
- #ontrain Dude in a Mouse Rat shirt.
- #ontrain Woman in houndstooth boots. I wish it was appropriate for me to wear something like that.
- #ontrain Dog just took a winkle.
- #ontrain I don't normally smell vodka until at least Thursday.
- #ontrain Day old, half eaten hotdog's started to smell.
- #ontrain Woman talking to Siri and laughing to herself.
- #ontrain Reading the Wikipedia entry on pancakes.
- #ontrain Bag of pie.
If you want more, follow me at @petertatara, and be on the lookout for the elusive #onplane soon! Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta tape up some more boxes.
About The Author:
Peter Tatara is the International Director of Content and Marketing for ReedPOP. During his time at Reed, he's planned on-air contests with Cartoon Network, hosted Twitter scavenger hunts around New York City, and bought Joss Whedon a sandwich. In his spare time, he runs a calendar of geeky New York City events called Nerd York City. Follow him at @petertatara and @nerdyorkcity.