Safety and Security Policy
What are the security expectations at C2E2?
The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending C2E2 should be aware or the following security measures:
- Security will be onsite at all times to assist you during all aspects of C2E2
- Everyone must wear their C2E2 Badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, attendees, guests (speakers, talent, artists), professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- A fully operational security team following our vetted procedures is in place during C2E2. Bag checks may occur at C2E2
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be used at C2E2
- Any CCTV in operation at C2E2 is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and undercover security may be in attendance at C2E2
- Uniformed and undercover Police may be in attendance at C2E2
- Canine Security and Detection may be used in or around C2E2
Everyone attending C2E2 is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to C2E2 Staff or Security immediately
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of C2E2 Staff and Security at all times
- Properly dispose of your C2E2 Badge inside the venue or keep it as a souvenir – please do not sell it to scalpers or throw it away in trash cans outside the venue where it could be picked up
- Carry a valid form of photo ID at all times
What if I get hurt?
If you're hurt, please reach out to C2E2 Staff and we'll get you help. You can also choose to head to First Aid depending on the severity of your injuries, located in the South Building Level 2.5 of the Grand Concourse nearby the FedEx Office. A wheelchair-accessible first aid station staffed by EMS and EMTs will be available in McCormick Place. In addition, two hospitals are situated within minutes of McCormick Place. City ambulances will be called to transport patients when needed.
What if I'm harassed?
Harassment of any kind, including stalking, deliberate intimidation, unwelcome physical attention, physical assault and battery, will not be tolerated at C2E2. If it's illegal outside the convention center, it's illegal inside the convention center. Harassment is grounds for removal from the convention without refund as well as potential legal action. We want C2E2 to be a safe, open and accepting environment for all fans, and if you find yourself victim of harassment at the convention please come immediately to the Security Office in Room N226, or report the harassment via the C2E2 App and someone will assist you as soon as possible.
What does C2E2 think of weapons and firearms used as cosplay props?
At the discretion of C2E2 Security onsite, the following may be allowed:
- Plastic and Metal Shields
- Lightweight Plastic/PVC Props/Light Sabers
- Toy guns as long as they do not look like real ones, cannot function or shoot projectiles and have an orange tip on the barrel. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips made of foam or cardboard.
If any of the above items are deemed unsafe by C2E2 Security, they will not be allowed inside the building. They will only be allowed as long as they are deemed safe and will not cause harm onsite.
If you're bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause bodily harm, we're going to take issue.
The following items are forbidden at C2E2:
- Functional firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass, PVC, wood and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol mustard
- Selfie sticks
You as a fan are able to help us improve event security, fan safety and the overall happiness of everyone at or near C2E2. While everyone attending C2E2 knows about costumes and props, the citizens of Chicago may be unaware of C2E2 and mistake prop weapons for real weaponry. If you have a weapon or prop that might intimidate or scare people, please be mindful of it as you carry it throughout the city streets and on public transit. If you have a weapon that might be misconstrued as a real weapon, please keep it concealed and do not carry it out in the open as you travel through Chicago. We would hate to cause unnecessary panic, upset, or unwarranted calls to 911. We really appreciate you being mindful of this and using common sense when it comes to props and costuming!
Weapons and Bag Check
Management shall have sole discretion in any matter that it believes may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event.
What should I do if my child, friends, family or I get separated?
Find C2E2 Staff or Security and we will help you locate your missing party. We suggest that when you arrive at C2E2, you and your party pick a location to meet in case anyone does get lost.