The Japanese Culture Center was established in 1977 in Chicago by Aikido Shihan (Teacher of Teachers) and Zen Master Fumio Toyoda to make some of the martial arts, crafts, and philosophical riches of Japan available to the public.
Today the JCC continues this tradition, offering classes in over a dozen martial and cultural arts.
Find the JCC right next to Pop Asia at booth 895 for some pop-up demonstrations in Akido and Iaido, Haiku writing, origami and more.
Throughout the weekend, the JCC will be bringing you the following:
- Origami Workshop - ALL DAYS - 3:45pm at Family HQ Workshop
- The Art of Ikebana – Friday – 11:30am at S403
- Japanese Tea Ceremony – Saturday – 11:15am at S504a
- Large Brush Calligraphy – Saturday – 4:30pm at Family HQ Interactive
- Aikido and Iaido Demonstration – Saturday – 6:30 at S402
- Shurikenjitsu: The Japanese Martial Arts of Shuriken Throwing – Saturday – 8:00 pm at S405b
… and more!